Tuesday, August 12, 2008

He is so nice (or I am so sappy)

I have committed myself to running the Turkey Trot. Unfortunately my last pair of running shoes were banned to the trash, leaving me with a pair of cheap tennis shoes that are not built for running. As I was on my way to JCPenny to do some much needed shopping Matt called me and we made plans to meet at kohls later so both of us could get a pair of running shoes. After I had finished shopping and was on my way to Kohls it occured to me that I was wearing flip flops. Leaving me with no socks to try shoes on. I wanted to call Matt but he was already at the store. I figured that I could just use one of the disposable booties even though it would not be the same as a pair of socks, or buy a new pair. I looked around and there were three shoes that I liked and two possible shoe sizes that I wear. Matt helped me look for all of the sizes and styles of shoes that I wanted to try. As I went looking around for the booties (that they don't have) Matt said that he brought a pair of socks for me. I looked at him and just thought "You are the nicest man ever to think of my socks." It wasn't something big and elaborate. He just simply brought me a pair of socks, and I fell in love all over again!!!

3 comments:

C Whetten said...

Isn't it amazing how the little things in life can make you appreciate and love that special person in your life even more. Always makes you want to do more for them.

Bea said...

Ahhhh husbands! What would be do without them?

"I'm happy that you are happy." I'm sure you get that a lot also Candice.

Hey girl next post I expect some pictures. Don't you know that you're supposed to take camera with you everywhere?!?!? Sheesh! haha =)

Justin said...

They are great. Just the little things are the best.